The ITIN number is issued by the IRS, for certain resident and nonresident individuals who are required to have identification number for tax purposes, but who don't have or are not eligible for a Social Security number. By using an IRS approved Agency rather than doing the application yourself you will benefit:
1) Faster processing times:
Self prepared applications usually contain errors. To be accepted by the IRS the application has to be perfect, containing no errors. It is not unusual for self-prepared applications to be sent back multiple times for correction, each time resulting in a delay of 2 to 3 months.
ForMyTax.Com’s professionals process your ITIN application faster and the ITIN applicant can get the ITIN number in 4 to 6 weeks.
2) Applications under the wrong reason:
The IRS doesn’t interview applicants requesting ITIN to determine the need and the correct procedure while applying for the ITIN number; this is outside the scope of their service as it requires more time to understand your unique situation than they are allotted to assist you. When you use our ITIB filing service, we take time to understand your situation and apply for your ITIN using correct procedure.
We specialize in obtaining ITIN numbers for non-residents of the United States of America. We specialize in International ITIN applications. To use our service you need to have a valid reason for obtaining an ITIN number and be able to prove your residency and identity.
Examples of individuals who might need an ITIN:
- Non-resident alien filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for a SSN
- U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for a SSN
- Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
- Dependent or spouse of a non-resident alien visa holder.
If you'd like to get additional information, please reach out to us and one of our associate will be reach out to you
- You should complete ITIN application Form as soon as you are ready to file your federal income tax return, since you need to attach the return to your application.
- If you meet one of the exceptions to the tax filing requirement, submit ITIN application Form, along with the documents that prove your identity and foreign status.
- You can apply for an ITIN any time during the year; however, if the tax return you attach to ITIN application Form is filed after the return's due date.